Your privacy is important to us. It is our policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect from you across our website, https://jessicadulong.com/, and other websites we own and operate.
What personal data we collect, why we collect it, and how we use it
When you visit the website, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the website, we collect information about the individual web pages that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the website, and information about how you interact with the website. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We may collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the website, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the website.
When visitors leave comments on the website we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you submit a message through the contact form here, we collect your name, mailing address, and email address, which we refer to as “Contact Information.” We use this information to respond to fulfill your request to receive a signed bookplate.
We share your contact information with Ionos, our website hosting and mail provider, for the explicit purpose of delivering your submitted message.
If you leave a comment on our website you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this website may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We use the Device Information that we generally collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our website (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the website, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our visitors use the website–you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/.
You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Who we share your data with
We don’t share any personally identifying information publicly or with third-parties, except when required to by law.
How long we retain your data
We only retain collected information for as long as necessary to provide you with your requested service.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
What rights you have over your data
If you have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
You are free to refuse our request for your personal information, with the understanding that we may be unable to provide you with some of your desired services.
Information for European residents
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please write to email@example.com.
Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
Information for Californian consumers
- Categories of personal information collected, disclosed or sold, and how we collect that information. Detailed information on the categories of personal information we collection can be found in the section above under “What personal data we collect, why we collect it, and how we use it.“
- How we use the information we collect: sharing and disclosing of your personal information with third parties for a business purpose. We only share or disclose your personal information to third parties when you explicitly ask or authorize us to do so, or in order to provide you with requested service as described in the section above under “What personal data we collect, why we collect it, and how we use it.”
- Sale of your personal information. For our purposes, the word “sale” means any “selling, renting, releasing, disclosing, disseminating, making available, transferring or otherwise communicating orally, in writing, or by electronic means, a consumer’s personal information by the business to another business or a third party, for monetary or other valuable consideration”. This means that, for example, a sale can happen whenever an application runs ads, or makes statistical analyses on the traffic or views, or simply because it uses tools such as social network plugins and the like. You can review this information in greater detail in the section titled, “Sharing Your Personal Information.”
- Your right to opt out of the sale of personal information.You have the right to opt out of the sale of your personal information. This means that whenever you request us to stop selling your data, we will abide by your request. Such requests can be made freely, at any time, without submitting any verifiable request, simply by following the instructions below.
- Instructions to opt out of the sale of personal information. If you’d like to know more, or exercise your right to opt out in regard to all the sales carried out by this website, both online and offline, you can contact us for further information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What are the purposes for which we use your personal information? We only ask for personal information when we truly need it to provide a service to you. We collect it by fair and lawful means, with your knowledge and consent. We also let you know why we’re collecting it and how it will be used. We will not use your personal information for different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without notifying you. Please review “What personal data we collect, why we collect it, and how we use it.” above for more information.
Your California privacy rights and how to exercise them
- The right to know and to portability. You have the right to request that we disclose to you:
- the categories and sources of the personal information that we collect about you, the purposes for which we use your information and with whom such information is shared;
- in case of sale of personal information or disclosure for a business purpose, two separate lists where we disclose:
- for sales, the personal information categories purchased by each category of recipient; and
- for disclosures for a business purpose, the personal information categories obtained by each category of recipient.
- The disclosure described above will be limited to the personal information collected or used over the past 12 months.
- If we deliver our response electronically, the information enclosed will be “portable”, i.e. delivered in an easily usable format to enable you to transmit the information to another entity without hindrance – provided that this is technically feasible.
- How to exercise your rights.
- To exercise the rights described above, you need to submit your verifiable request to us by contacting us via the details provided in this document.
- For us to respond to your request, it’s necessary that we know who you are. Therefore, you can only exercise the above rights by making a verifiable request which must:
- provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative;
- describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
- We will not respond to any request if we are unable to verify your identity and therefore confirm the personal information in our possession actually relates to you.
- If you cannot personally submit a verifiable request, you can authorize a person registered with the California Secretary of State to act on your behalf.
- If you are an adult, you can make a verifiable request on behalf of a minor under your parental authority. You can submit a maximum number of 2 requests over a period of 12 months.
- How and when we are expected to handle your request
- We will confirm receipt of your verifiable request within 10 days and provide information about how we will process your request.
- We will respond to your request within 45 days of its receipt. Should we need more time, we will explain to you the reasons why, and how much more time we need. In this regard, please note that we may take up to 90 days to fulfill your request.
- Our disclosure(s) will cover the preceding 12 month period.
- Should we deny your request, we will explain you the reasons behind our denial.
- We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable request unless such request is manifestly unfounded or excessive. In such cases, we may charge a reasonable fee, or refuse to act on the request. In either case, we will communicate our choices and explain the reasons behind it.
- Non-discrimination policy: We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights under the CCPA.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
How we protect your data
What data we store, we’ll protect within commercially acceptable means to prevent loss and theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
What third parties we receive data from
Our website may link to external websites that are not operated by us. Please be aware that we have no control over the content and practices of these websites, and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy policies.
Your continued use of our website will be regarded as acceptance of our practices around privacy and personal information. If you have any questions about how we handle user data and personal information, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.